Today is our final stop in Montego Bay, Jamaica! I am especially excited about this stop because I have traveled to the other places in the past, but this is my first time here. Today we are headed to an all inclusive beach day at the Seawinds Beach Club. We will have Jamaican music, plenty of beach time and probably a Red Stripe (the local beer) or two...or five.
May 23, 2012
Today we are in the Cayman Islands! We are headed to 7 Mile Beach to snorkel at the famous "Governor's Reef" but first we are taking a tiki style party boat with some drinks and dancing to get there. Let's hope I can still snorkel once we arrive.
May 21, 2012
Today we are in the southernmost island of the Florida Keys...Key West! After we get off the boat we are headed to Ernest Hemingway's home to explore and check out all the six-toed cats. After that we will party like a native during the Key West Pub Crawl cause after all, we are on vacation!
May 20, 2012
I have set sail on a Carnival cruise for the next 6 days with my mom and sister (can you say girl's trip!) to the Western Caribbean...but don't worry I won't let you miss out on any fun! Keep your eyes out for updates on the blog for each port of call I visit this week.
May 18, 2012
- Sweetie Pie Style rounds up one of her favorite new arm party trends - the open-ended cuff! Check out her beautiful picks! (Find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation found a real gem at the Shops at Target! The dress is gorgeous and perfect for summer! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Lipstick & Lollies is a pro at mixing patterns! See how she pairs polka dots and paisley for a polished, causal look!
- Urban Frill Looks so chic in black, gold and lace! You must check out her amazing tassel necklace!
- Olive & an Arrow is sporting an all-white ensemble that makes me want to head for the islands! Love the fun necklace she paired with it for a pop of color! (Find Olive & an Arrow on Twitter!)
- Franishh shows us some serious arm candy! Head over to check out where all of her pretties are from! One might surprise you! (find Franish on Twitter!)
- City and Burbs is going bold with a fabulous floral dress paired with bright accessories! Pop over to check out this super fun look! (find City and Burbs on Twitter!)
- Rachel's Look Book mixes vintage pieces with a few new ones for a dressy look with a boho vibe! Check out her hair accessory that makes the look! (find Rachel's Look Book on Twitter!)
- Here & Now looks ladylike in her scallop shorts and top knot! Also, she shows us where to pick up our own scallops for under $50! Yes, please! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Style Your Life shows us what to wear for an entire 11-day trip to Italy by mixing and matching a few key pieces! Impressive! (find Style Your Life on Twitter!)
- DahliaLynn Lane found an amazing old bag she had while moving! She pairs it with a chic wrap dress for an adorable look! (find DahliaLynn Lane on Twitter!)
- Second Street East is keeping it casual with neutral pieces mixed with a few fun accessories! The sandals are such a great buy at an even better price! (Find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Fabulously Average adds a little polish to her bohemian look with a trench vest! Head over to see where she found it! (Find Fabulously Average on Twitter!)
- Wardrobes I Met and Liked goes denim on denim but in a fun, unexpected way! The polka dot skinny jeans are to die for!!
May 17, 2012
This red dress was a fabulous find at TJ Maxx (and the heels a couple of years ago...one of my favorite pairs). The shape of the dress smooths over my flaws and the material doesn't wrinkle so it will be packed on plenty of trips including my cruise vacation starting this weekend. I.cannot.wait!!
Target belt, Nine West heels purchased at TJ Maxx, Charlotte Russe necklace, Loft cardigan, Cynthia Rowley dress purchased at TJ Maxx
May 16, 2012
Have you guys checked out The Shops at Target yet? I was intrigued when I saw the commercials about the shops within the shop and was a little disappointed when I ventured into my Super Target...I was thinking each "shop" would have more of a boutique feel in the Target store. Of course that didn't stop me from purchasing this dress and also a pair of earrings from The Webster-a Miami based shop that offers comfortable clothing with a twist.
Vintage purse, Target necklace, The Webster at Target dress (click here to purchase), Nine West pumps purchased at Marti & Liz
May 15, 2012
I really love the nautical look in the summertime. Anything that has black and white or blue and white stripes that I can grab my hands on in a store usually comes home to my closet. This Francesca's dress is a recent purchase but it was not on the website for a link up. It is really comfortable and has the wide band that acts as a built in belt...perfect to throw on in a hurry.
Francesca's dress, Target cardigan, Cutesygirl.com flats, Forever 21 earrings
May 11, 2012
- Sweetie Pie Style has a new obsession - rose gold! Head over to see what she pairs her new kicks with for a bright, rosy look! (Find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation is stepping out of her comfort zone with pattern mixing and it paid off! Check out her easy tip to keep the look cohesive! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Lipstick & Lollies is trying one of the favorite looks of the season - pink and red colorblocking. She made it her own with an edgy leather jacket! So cute!
- Urban Frill is channeling her inner 50s housewife for a sweet polka-dotted look with a modern twist! Pop over to see how you can recreate the vintage inspired look!
- Olive &; an Arrow pairs a Beatles tee with a floral skirt for an unexpected match! Glad she did because they look amazing together!! (Find Olive & an Arrow on Twitter!)
- Franish is ready to set sail in her nautical inspired outfit! She even has an amazing manicure to match! (find Franish on Twitter!)
- City and Burbs is trying something new in the accessories department! Head over to see how she pairs two necklaces for twice the statement! (find City and Burbs on Twitter!)
- Rachel's Look Book combats the cooler temps of her office with a beautiful layered look! And her bow belt? Gorgeous! (find Rachel's Look Book on Twitter!)
- Here & Now has discovered just how amazing maxi skirts really are! Her purple and leopard duo is a perfect combination! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Style Your Life pairs green and orange for a fun spring look! Don't forget to check out the floral boat shoes!! (find Style Your Life on Twitter!)
- DahliaLynn Lane even makes moving look chic! A plaid shirt, jean shorts and tennies never looked so good! (find DahliaLynn Lane on Twitter!)
- Second Street East is trying out the metallic Sperry wedges with a fun outfit that involves some pattern mixing! Head over to see the office the outfit inspired! (Find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Good Life shows us how to dress for a chilly spring! Check out what she pairs a sweater with to make it work for the new season! (Find Good Life on Twitter!)
- 100 Inspirations shows us how to get Kourtney Kardashian's fun floral look! Stop by to see what pieces are used to recreate the look, all for under $95!
May 10, 2012
Yesterday at work we had a cleaning and organizing day so I opted to dress down but still wanted to look "pulled together". Jeans were a no-brainer since we would be moving stuff around and since I hardly wear my gold sparkle Toms I decided to give them a chance...see the last time I wore them (last summer) here.
Old Navy jeans, Lulu's purse, Toms Shoes, Francesca's earrings, Necklace gifted, Kohl's Rock and Republic sweater (click here to purchase)
May 9, 2012
I have to admit that pattern mixing scares me just a little bit. I don't want to be that crazy person that people are talking about and whispering, "I can't believe she wore that out of the house" and here I am thinking I am stylish. This, however, was easy for me because it is color coordination and even I know that wearing two black and white pieces do go together.
**When I was linking up this top from Loft below on the website it says it is navy blue and white so maybe I am that crazy person I mentioned above...it looked black and white to me**
May 8, 2012
About a month ago I discovered the fabulous jewelry website Pree Brulee and it is safe to say I have been stalking it ever since. I have purchased two pieces since finding the online boutique and wanted to share some of the fashion forward pieces I am coveting now.
Check out the shop here!
Check out the shop here!
May 7, 2012
I have never been to the Kentucky Derby but have always wanted to go....mainly just to see all the fashion and the hats. I went to a derby themed event over the weekend and finally got to wear my new hat that I bought months ago after seeing it on Pinterest. Since it had the hot pink brim I decided to go with my floral dress that I wore on Easter and some comfortable wedges.
May 4, 2012
- Franish found a cheaper version of the ever-popular J.Crew necklace we have been seeing everywhere! It looks amazing paired with red stripes! (find Franish on Twitter!)
- City and Burbs is rocking the boyfriend jeans! She pairs them with neutrals and a few pops of neon for a gorgeous look! (find City and Burbs on Twitter!)
- Rachel's Look Book is showing us her Derby Style! Head over to see how she pairs that fabulous hat with a chic dress for a look worth betting on! (find Rachel's Look Book on Twitter!)
- Urban Frill rounds up her favorite neon pieces for summer! The best news? They are all under $45!
- A Fashion Fixation looks lovely in her pretty printed dress! She shows us just how easy it is to look fabulous! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- DahliaLynn Lane is going casual chic in a leopard maxi skirt! You HAVE to see this skirt! (find DahliaLynn Lane on Twitter!)
- A Dash of Details tells us about her tried and true hair products that she swears by! Head over to find out what she uses to keep her locks looking beautiful! (find A Dash of Details on Twitter!)
- Here & Now is obsessed with mixing prints! She looks seriously sweet in her polka dots and stripes! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Lipstick & Lollies mixes plaid and stripes for a quirky look! The perfect outfit for a cute, casual weekend!
- Sweetie Pie Style is ready for Cinco de Mayo and is showing us what to wear, eat and drink! I wish I was going to her party!! (Find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
- Second Street East threw on some boots and a bow for a lazy, rainy day! Head over to see how this outfit translates into a cute living room! (Find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Olive & an Arrow puts on her cowboy boots for a bit of southern flair! She paired them with a girly skirt for a fun look! (Find Olive & an Arrow on Twitter!)
- Good Life put together an amazing outfit and each piece is under $25! Yes, you heard that right - pop over to see where they are from! (Find Good Life on Twitter!)
- 100 Inspirations shows us how to get Gwyneth Paltrow's classic black and white look! Stop by to see the pieces she chose, all for under $80!
May 3, 2012
I bought this skirt from Forever 21 for less than $10 bucks and I have already worn it more times that I thought I ever would, I have definitely gotten my money's worth. The colors are not loud and bright like normal tribal prints pieces are but so far I have not had a problem pairing it with tops. See how I wore the skirt in another blog post here.
Forever 21 skirt, Cole Haan heels purchased at TJ Maxx, Lulu's purse (click here to purchase), Altard State top, Target bracelets