- One Hundred Inspirations puts together an amazing summer wedding look inspired by Kate Middleton - all for under $160! A must see!
- Diva in Me combats the monday blues with a gorgeous yellow and white dress she collaborated on with a friend! So talented! (find Diva in Me on Twitter!)
- Olive and an Arrow mixed and matched her way to an adorable summer outfit! Checks and floral were meant to be! (find Olive and an Arrow on Twitter!)
- Rachel's Look Book shows us her international style on a recent trip to Dublin. Hint - it's fabulously edgy! (find Rachel's Look Book on Twitter!)
- Melificent is feeling happy in her good mood outfit! So much so that she even brought out the bubbles! So fun! (find Melificent on Twitter!
- Crazy Style Love shares her simple formula for taking any outfit from day to night! Head over to find out how and see her cute look! (find Crazy Style Love on Twitter!)
- Sigh...Gush...Gasp looks polished for weekend errands in a blazer and jeans - and you'll never believe what she paid for her top!! (find Sigh...Gush...Gasp on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation found the perfect polka dot scarf - it's long and goes with everything! Pop over to see where she bought it! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- High Heeled Style has jumped on the chambray wagon! And what better to pair it with than white skinny jeans and a pair of fabulous heels?! (find High Heeled Style on Twitter!)
- Ash 'N' Fashn pairs denim and lace for a look that's perfect for any date night or party! So cute! (find Ash N' Fashn on Twitter!)
- Pink Margarita Pearl takes us through three ways to style a skinny cowl top! It's impossible to choose a favorite!
- Urban Frill is trying out a new way to style her pencil skirts! Pop over to find out why untucked is better! (find Urban Frill on Twitter!)
- Here & Now cools off in an adorable pansy print sun dress! Paired with sleek silver accessories, she is ready for the heat! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Second Street East finds inspiration for a bedroom design from her latest casual weekend outfit! Head over to check out the room AND outfit! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
Friday, June 29, 2012
Thursday, June 28, 2012
I have been searching for the perfect polka dot scarf for ages it seems like so when I was browsing Etsy the other day it was fate that I stumbled across this little infinity beauty. It is long enough to wear double looped and black and white goes with everything.
Check out all the other infinity scarfs from this lovely boutique here!
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Friday, June 22, 2012
- Sweetie Pie Style shows us how to pair lemon and lime pieces for a bold, vibrant look! Head over to see her top picks! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation is channeling her 70s vibe in a vintage inspired outfit! Wide leg jeans and a flowy top? So Chic! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Urban Frill is beating the heat in her patterned mini and airy top - the perfect outfit for an outdoor summer concert! Cute!
- Sandy a la Mode is getting twice the use out of her maxi skirt by making it a dress - and it has a beach scene on it! What more could you want?! (find Sandy a la Mode on Twitter!)
- The Fashionable ESQ found tons of sassy snake inspired accessories that will add a punch to any outfit! Just call her a snake charmer! (find The Fashionable ESQ on Twitter!)
- Northern Style Exposure dresses down a lace dress with a safari-worthy jacket! Head over to see how she layers her way to casual chic! (find Northern Style on Twitter!)
- Miss Top Ten Image looks back to some of her favorite looks from 2011! Pop over for tons of eye candy and to see how her style has evolved! (find Miss Top Ten Image on Twitter!)
- Here & Now shows us how to look cute in tennis shoes! Throw them on with a dress and hair scarf and you are ready for weekend errands! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Diva in Me pairs an oversized clutch with a printed dress for a look that is perfect for a night out on the town! Love! (find Diva in Me on Twitter!)
- Olive and an Arrow shows us her preppy side in a look that could be straight out of Clueless! Totally fab! (find Olive and an Arrow on Twitter!)
- Melificent wears an adorable nautical outfit for an impromptu getaway in the Florida Keys! Swoon! (find Melificent on Twitter!
- Crazy Style Love has an eye for eyelet in this black and gold ensemble! And her belt? A must have!
- Sigh...Gush...Gasp rocks the neon look on a budget! Head over to see where she found her adorable dress for an incredible price! (find Sigh...Gush...Gasp on Twitter!)
- High Heeled Style goes full on pattern in an adorable wrap dress that is perfect for a day at the office. Best news? It's easy to style since it's the statement piece! (find High Heeled Style on Twitter!)
- Second Street East is sharing some big news and a sneak peek of a recent photo shoot she did! Pop over to find out what she has been up to! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
Thursday, June 21, 2012
I am not gonna lie...this skirt was hard for me to style! I think I tried on almost every short sleeved top in my closet before settling (settling being the key word) on this outfit. It is something about the right below the knee link and the fullness of the skirt but I just couldn't win with this one and it is too late to return it.
Loft cardigan, Kohl's t-shirt, Francesca's skirt, Forever 21 necklace, Steve Madden cowboy boots (similar short version here), Burlington Coat Factory belt
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
I felt like channeling a different vibe today ( kindda a 70's vibe??) so I actually broke away from my Old Navy skinny jeans for once and opted for a wider leg jean and just for fun decided on a loose fitting top, cross-body bag and a pendant necklace.
All that was missing was a floppy hat!
Francesca's top, Shoedazzle.com wedges, Rock and Republic jeans (click here to purchase), Forever 21 bag, Necklace gifted from my sister-in-law
Monday, June 18, 2012
The winner of the Forever 21 gift card is...
True Random Number Generator
Powered by RANDOM.ORG
Congrats to Meggy of Chasing Davies blog!!
"June 5, 2012 11:28 AM
I follow you on Twitter via @ChasingDavies"
**Be sure to enter the Shabby Apple gift card giveaway that ends tomorrow for another chance to win and thanks to everyone that entered**
Quick outfit post of what I wore last Thursday to work before heading out on the six hour drive to Folly Beach. It seriously was one of the best weekends ever and I am still recuperating!
Back to reality...
Charlotte Russe top, Francesca's skirt, Forever 21 necklace and purse, GoJane.com flats (click here to purchase similar style)
Friday, June 15, 2012
- Sweetie Pie Style shows us that black and blue really do go together! Such a cute look for date night! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation looks positively radiant in her day-glow hues! Head over to find out her tip for seamlessly adding this look into your wardrobe! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Urban Frill has found a summer layering piece to replace the jean jacket! Pop over to see what warm weather essential she is sporting!
- Sandy a la Mode looks adorable in her floppy summer hat! It is the perfect accessory to elevate any look! (find Sandy a la Mode on Twitter!)
- The Fashionable ESQ is breaking the bank with her current wish list! It's good for a girl to dream every once in a while, right?! (find The Fashionable ESQ on Twitter!)
- Seize the Styles is making a statement in her fun pencil skirt! Check out her tips for styling this bold choice! (find Seize the Styles on Twitter!)
- Northern Style Exposure plays with brights in her whimsical sequin top! Paired with neutral accessories, it makes for an exciting every day look! (find Northern Style Exposure on Twitter!)
- Miss Top Ten Image is channeling her favorite 50s movie stars and showing us her throwback style! So cute! (find Miss Top Ten Image on Twitter!)
- Here & Now has a new favorite activity - cruising on her cute bike! Her outfit even matches it! So fun! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Diva in Me is sharing a little bit of her daily work life with us. Pop over to see her new clothing shop! Swoon! (find Diva in Me on Twitter!)
- Olive and an Arrow is rockin' the Texas Tuxedo! Paired with a bit of leopard and you have a sassy outfit ready for just about anything! (find Olive and an Arrow on Twitter!)
- Melificent is keeping her mood in check by wearing bright stripes! Don't forget to check out her shoes - they are killer! (find Melificent on Twitter!
- Sigh...Gush...Gasp dresses up her jeans and blazer with a few colorful accessories! It's all in the details! (find Sigh...Gush...Gasp on Twitter!)
- Second Street East shares her favorite vacay outfit with us! Cute, comfortable and easy going is the name of the game! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Heading out today to Charleston, S.C. on a mini road trip to celebrate some of my favorite friends getting married on the beach this weekend.
Congratulations Sarah and Justin!!!
From top to bottom: Sarah and I out on the town, Folly Beach, Justin and Sarah in Charleston one weekend, the church on Folly Beach where the wedding is taking place
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Today's outfit was inspired after looking back on some of my Pinterest boards and remembering an outfit I had pinned a while back. I recreated it for the hot days of summer by replacing the heavy jean jacket with my lightweight chambray shirt, a shorter version of the long, maxi skirt and added some flat sandals to complete the look.
Loft chambray shirt, Charlotte Russe sandals, Loft skirt, Forever 21 bracelets (click here to purchase), Necklace gifted from my mom
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
I love the neon trend that has come back from the 80's but don't particularly care for head-to-toe fluorescent. The easiest way to incorporate neon in your wardrobe is through accessories like I did with my clutch and heels.
If you would like to see other ways to try out neon, check out today's Everybody, Everywear post with other style bloggers trying out these day-glow hues. Submissions open at 7am PST for anyone else wanting to link up!
Urban Outfitters heels, Lulu's clutch, Old Navy Rockstar jeans (click here to purchase), Francesca's earrings, Forever 21 necklace, Dillards top
Monday, June 11, 2012
Shabby Apple, an online women's boutique, is offering a $50 dollar gift card to one lucky reader!
They have some adorable dresses so be sure to browse around and also check out some of my favorite parts about the website-the Style Advice and Shop by Body Type sections.
Here's how to enter:
1. Follow A Fashion Fixation on either Google Reader or Bloglovin'
2. You must 'like' Shabby Apple on Facebook-click here
3. Leave a comment with your name, e-mail address and also which Shabby Apple dress or item is your favorite.
The giveaway is open to US residents only and ends on June 19th, 2012.
On top of the giveaway Shabby Apple is offering readers a coupon code for 10% off your purchase for the entire month! Use the code AFashionFixation10off to purchase anything from Shabby Apple, happy shopping!
Friday, June 8, 2012
- Sweetie Pie Style found her ultimate summer shorts! They are comfy, cute and go with everything! What more could a girl ask for?? (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
- Fabulously Average braves the latest trend - cropped tops! Head over to see how fabulous she looks! (find Fabulously Average on Twitter!)
- Wardrobes I Met and Liked is showing us her summer blues! She pairs masculine and feminine pieces for an unexpected twist! Cute!
- A Fashion Fixation shows us an adorable casual chic look that is perfect for the weekend! Be sure to check out her tip for an easy summer look! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Urban Frill is loving colorful cardigans for the transitioning weather! And this yellow one is such a fun way to add a pop of color to any outfit!
- Sandy a la Mode tested out a pair of slimming polka dots pants! They work and she looks adorable - I'd say that's a win-win! (find Sandy a la Mode on Twitter!)
- The Fashionable ESQ found an adorable striped peplum top at a cute new-to-her online boutique! Pop over to find out where its from! (find The Fashionable ESQ on Twitter!)
- Seize the Styles is looking on the bright side with the amazing deal she found on her colorful dress! Head over to see the fun accessories she pairs it with! (find Seize the Styles on Twitter!)
- Northern Style goes for a classic look but punches it up accessories! Don't forget to check out her orange shoes!! (find Northern Style on Twitter!)
- Miss Top Ten Image shows us how to incorporate a kimono into our daily wardrobe. It is the perfect item to dress up jeans! (find Miss Top Ten Image on Twitter!)
- Here & Now is making her wardrobe do double duty by turning a skirt into a dress! Throw a blazer on top and you have a chic, comfortable look! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Diva in Me is staying cool in the warmer temps with pretty pastels! Pop over to admire her flirty dress and the fun accessories she pairs it with! (find Diva in Me on Twitter!)
- Olive and an Arrow is officially obsessed with blazers! The neutral one she is rocking looks great paired with a girly dress! (find Olive and an Arrow on Twitter!)
- Second Street East takes inspiration from her summer outfit to create a girly sitting room fit for any fashionista! Cute! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Running errands in the heat calls for jean shorts, sandals and a flowy, sheer top so that's exactly what I wore. Mixing vibrant colors with bold patterns or interesting necklines and minimal jewelry screams summer time to me!
If you have not shopped at the cute online boutique DejaVu (where I got my top) be sure to sneak a peek.
DejaVu top (click here to purchase), Old Navy shorts, Forever 21 earrings, BCBG sandals purchased at Marti & Liz
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Normally I don't think to pair up tribal print with sequins but I think this outfit turned out pretty well. I was really going for easy, comfort pieces that were slouchy because let's face it-after my cruise of binge eating and drinking followed up by Memorial Day weekend the last thing I wanna do is put myself in skin tight clothing!