- A Fashion Fixation is ready for a casual happy hour in jeans, but dresses them up with a sassy pink wedge! So cute! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Ishi made an impulse buy that she definitely isn't regretting! Pop over to check out her latest (wallet-friendly) find!
- Fabulously Average is throwing out all of the old Labor Day fashion rules and goes for white on white, which she plans to wear well past the holiday! (find Fabulously Average on Twitter!)
- Leopard and Lillies goes for an avant garde look with leopard and leather! Head over to see how she wears a dress as a top - so smart! (find Leopard and Lillies on Twitter!)
- Minted Glam is slightly obsessed with polka dots this season and she wears them well! Check out what sweater she had to have in 3(!) colors! (find Minted Galm on Twitter!)
- Fancy Francy complied a list of 20 bags that are perfect for work or school! How to choose... they are all so fabulous! (find Fancy Francy on Twitter!)
- Ash n' Fashn is taking her inspiration from European girls and rocking a turban. Best news? She made it out of a scarf so you can try it out, too! (find Ash n' Fashn on Twitter!)
- The Glossy Life is teaching us how to make french toast casserole - a dish sure to impress any overnight guests! Head over for the recipe! (find The Glossy Life on Twitter!)
- Olive and an Arrow goes for an outfit that incorporates all of her favorite things - braid, maxi and stripes! It is pretty perfect if you ask me! (find Olive and an Arrow on Twitter!)
- Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins recreated a look from our favorite Orange County girl - Lauren Conrad! Simple and great for summer or fall!
- Urban Frill is finding her self in a fall state of mind with the weather starting to change! Jeans and boots in the same outfit?! So exciting! (find Urban Frill on Twitter!)
- It's Not That Deep mixes big and small for a relaxed but polished casual look! Pop over to see how you can recreate this outfit!
- For All Things Lovely looks so chic in peplum and a bow! She is summer on top and fall on the bottom for an easy transitional outfit!
- Second Street East takes a cue from Kate Spade's apartment and creates a fabulous, colorful look! Pop over to find out where to buy the pieces! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style gives us the rundown on another fall trend - black and white! Such a great way to create an effortlessly chic look! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
August 31, 2012
August 29, 2012
It is giveaway time!!!
Shopbop, the fabulous online boutique, offers a collection of designer apparel and accessories to suit every type of woman. They are offering one lucky reader a $100 gift card and since the fall season is right around the corner be sure to check out Diane von Furstenberg coats, Ash Italia sneakers and the Riller and Fount leggings.
-You must be a follower of A Fashion Fixation to win
-Follow @AFashionFix on Twitter
-Tweet about this giveaway and leave me a comment to let me know
This giveaway is open to international readers and will remain open until September 7th when I will randomly choose a winner. Good Luck!
Don't forget to follow Shopbop Pinterest page!
August 28, 2012
Depending on where my friends and I go for happy hour determines how I dress for the occasion. If we go somewhere nice, I dress in a sundress and heels but this past weekend we went to a sports bar so jeans were the way to go.
August 27, 2012
Happy Monday peeps! Feeling mint and peach together today and now my outfit is making me crave ice cream....
Loft sweater, Target wedges, Francesca's skirt and bow earrings, NY&Co necklace
August 24, 2012
- The Double Take Girls are thinking ahead to fall with a transitional blazer that is perfect for bridging the gap to cooler temps! It was a steal, too! (find The Double Take Girls on Twitter!)
- Lilies, Lattes & Lace is all wrapped up in a summer dress! Pop over to see how she styles this classic silhouette! (find Lilies, Lattes & Lace on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation is taking her inspiration from Pinterest and using what she already owns to create a bright, versatile look! So cute! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Rachel's Look Book looks stunning in a vintage blazer and striped maxi! An outfit meant for dining al fresco on cooler nights! (find Rachel's Look Book on Twitter!)
- Urban Frill has found a comfy, stylish outfit that makes her feel great - what more could a girl ask for?! And it involves leopard...which doesn't hurt either! (find Urban Frill on Twitter!)
- Miss Top Ten Image found an oldie (but a goodie!) that she forgot was in her closet! Don't you love when that happens?! (find Miss Top Ten Image on Twitter!)
- Here & Now is savoring the last weeks of warmer temps in a look that is fit for a summer soiree - complete with a floppy hat! So cute! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Ishi goes for a twist on the classic work ensemble with chambray and edgy jewelry! She is definitely the most stylish girl in her office!
- Fabulously Average mixes a whimsical dress with a little southwestern charm! Pop over to check out her sweet kicks! (find Fabulously Average on Twitter!)
- Leopard and Lillies is rocking leather in the desert and still manages to make it warm weather appropriate! Don't miss this cute look! (find Leopard and Lillies on Twitter!)
- Minted Glam is finding her khaki vest to be indispensable in the transition to fall! It adds a fun safari vibe to any look! (find Minted Galm on Twitter!)
- Fancy Francy rounds up all of her favorite combat boots that are under $100! They are sure to be a fall staple so go pick out a pair! (find Fancy Francy on Twitter!)
- Ash n' Fashn is already envisioning how she will style her black lace dress through fall and winter. It is truly a 4-season piece! (find Ash n' Fashn on Twitter!)
- Second Street East is feeling sassy in red and leopard - definitely a chic way to make a statement! Head over to check out the room it inspired! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style rounds up some of her favorite pieces of the moment, including a fabulous Kate Spade sweatshirt! Hide your wallets! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
August 23, 2012
Let's face it...the J. Crew bubble necklace has become a HUGE trend but not everyone is happy about the price tag that comes along with it. The stylish necklaces have been popping up everywhere from different boutiques to eBay and the bubble necklace even has it's own Pinterest page with different ways to wear it!
While I do love following a great trend I also love to be a little bit different which is why I got excited when I saw the Itty Bitty Statement Necklace today on GroopDealz-I immediately purchased one. A smaller scale bubble necklace with the same impact...get one while you still can and be sure to sign up to receive other fabulous deals in the future!
Sometimes an outfit just comes together especially if you saw inspiration on Pinterest and tweaked it according to what I had.
Thank goodness for Pinterest- don't forget to follow me here!
Nine West heels purchased at Marti & Liz, Francesca's top, Old Navy jeans (click here to purchase), Vestique.com necklace
August 21, 2012
Please tell me I am not the only person that hoards clothes and doesn't wear them right away! I have had this skirt since the beginning of summer and today was the first time I have worn it. I am always waiting for somewhere special so I can wear something new or just the right occasion and I need to get over that mentality and start wearing my stuff. At least this skirt can be worn into next season with tights, boots and a sweater so I can get more out of it.
Mia wedges purchased at Marti & Liz, Loft top, Francesca's skirt and earrings, Vestique.com necklace
August 20, 2012
This lace shift dress is a bit fancy for work all alone but add a cardigan and some hot pink flats and I was out the door...happy Monday (if such a thing exists)!
August 17, 2012
- Olive and an Arrow is rocking purple pants and pumps for a fun office look! Pop over to see how she puts a casual twist on it! (find Olive and an Arrow on Twitter!)
- The Double Take Girls goes for a royal look with the Queen's signature color! Paired with polka dots, it is the ultimate girly outfit! (find The Double Take Girl on Twitter!)
- Lipstick & Lollies saved her first sock bun experience for a rainy day and, I must say, she knocked it out of the park! So cute!
- Lilies, Lattes & Lace celebrated her wedding anniversary in a special dress reminiscent of the one she wore on the big day! Gorgeous! (find Lilies, Lattes & Lace on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation is loving the high-low dress trend and even figured out a way to make it work for the office! She looks amazing! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Rachel's Look Book gives us the run down on how to transition our maxi skirts from summer to fall! Head over to check out all of her great tips! (find Rachel's Look Book on Twitter!)
- Urban Frill has a case of the blues in a monochromatic ensemble - though the color can mean drab, this outfit is anything but! (find Urban Frill on Twitter!)
- Miss Top Ten Image went for an easy breezy island look while on vacation complete with a head scarf! Love it! (find Miss Top Ten Image on Twitter!)
- Here & Now tried out the glasses trend in black and white from head to toe. Head over to find out where you can get your own pair! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Ishi infused a bit of european style into her look - cat eye frames and an eiffel tower shirt make for one chic outfit!
- Fabulously Average mixed yellow with maroon for an unexpected color combo - love the combination of summer and fall! (find Fabulously Average on Twitter!)
- Leopard and Lillies is a vision in red in her long flowing maxi! Add in a little glitter and this is one dashing outfit! (find Leopard and Lillies on Twitter!)
- Second Street East is ready for the lake in crochet shorts and chambray! Comfy, cute and casual - there is nothing better! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style takes us through three ways to wear the same top - dinner date, drinks with friends and Sunday brunch! How to choose?! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
August 15, 2012
Every time I wear these grey jeans I feel a baby bit like a wannabe rock star. It could be because of the faded, distressed appearance or the fact that I always wear dark colors with them or it could just totally be my imagination running wild. Whatever the case may be-I added my leopard print heels and a black and gold cuff and just ran with it!
August 14, 2012
I keep adding more hi-low hems into my closet!
I bought this bright green dress back in May to take on my cruise and never ended up wearing it on the ship. I wanted to be able to get more use out of it so I decided to wear it to work but had to cover up to try and look more professional. Thank goodness I made myself presentable and didn't just roll out of bed because I was reminded when I got to work that it was picture day for our website!
Target dress, Payless wedges, Francesca's kimono top, Target bracelets, Earrings gifted
August 13, 2012
The winner of the Ruche $25 dollar gift card is...
True Random Number Generator
Powered by RANDOM.ORG
Great giveaway! I follow you on Bloglovin! Thanks!
saltsnmore at yahoo dot com
Thanks to everyone that entered!
August 10, 2012
- the Queen City Style looks to her closet for inspiration in recreating her latest running outfit! Blue and yellow is the theme and it is spot on! (find The Queen City Style on Twitter!)
- 100 Inspirations recreates Jennifer Hudson's casual and stylish look including loafers and polka dots! Head over to find out where to purchase it all for under $105!
- The Double Take Girls looks adorable in her "back-to-school" outfit complete with yellow and stripes - a superbly preppy summer look! (find The Double Take Girl on Twitter!)
- Lipstick & Lollies might be checking in to colored denim rehab soon! The color of the week? Purple! So cute!
- Lilies, Lattes & Lace shows us her colorblocking skills with primary colors - a perfect look for wrapping up summer! Love! (find Lilies, Lattes & Lace on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation managed to make it through tax-free weekend without too much damage, but did pick up an adorable new top! Pop over to check it out! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Rachel's Look Book made a video to show us how to style a belt into a cute little flower motif! You don't want to miss this one! (find Rachel's Look Book on Twitter!)
- Urban Frill tried out a new way to style a skirt - head over to see her easy way to shorten the length in a snap! (find Urban Frill on Twitter!)
- Miss Top Ten Image found a pair of lace trousers and knew they had to be hers! Head over to see how she styled them! (find Miss Top Ten Image on Twitter!)
- Here & Now shares with us her list of comfortable (and stylish!) must-haves for a day full of traveling! So cute! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Ishi pairs two of our favorite trends - floral and neon - for a look that is worthy of a night out on the town!
- Fabulously Average is in a fall state of mind with jewel tones and a little layering! A perfect outfit for the upcoming transition to cooler temps! (find Fabulously Average on Twitter!)
- Second Street East is trying out one of fall's new trends courtesy of her husband! Camo, anyone?! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style takes 4 summer pieces we all own and tells us how to make them work for fall to add longevity to our wardrobe! Don't miss this one! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
August 9, 2012
So I didn't do as much damage shopping as I thought I would over tax free weekend but I did pick up a couple things and this tank top was one of them. I also bought my first two items for the upcoming fall season...click here and here to see what goodies I scored!
The Ruche gift card giveaway is coming to a close soon, click to enter
August 7, 2012
One of those days where I just grab the first thing out of my closet that I see and that's as good as it is going to get. Woke up in a blah mood...here's hoping the day will turn itself around!
Enter to win a Ruche $25 gift card here
Old Navy jeggings (click here to purchase), Payless heels, Forever 21 tank top, Loft cardigan, Earrings oldies but goodies
August 6, 2012
I never thought I would get as much wear out of a single piece of clothing as I have this maxi skirt. I can wear it to work like I did below, out running errands like this post and probably dress it up for date night with a form fitting top and higher heels.
One thing I will say is that I always have to cinch my waist with a belt when wearing said maxi skirt because I tend to lean towards boho, more flowy tops and if I pair the two together without one on my body type...it looks like I am wearing a sack. Helpful tidbit from me to you!
Enter to win a gift card giveaway to Ruche here
August 3, 2012
- Fabulously Average might have accidentally started a new trend! We have heard of the backward cardigan, but what about a backward dress? Check it out! (find Fabulously Average on Twitter!)
- Runaway Style found a couple of gems at H&M recently and they look gorgeous together! Head over to see what you should add to your shopping list!
- the Queen City Style plays with pattern in one of this season's hottest trends - polka dots! She paired it with a little floral for a fun summer look! (find The Queen City Style on Twitter!)
- Olive and an Arrow has her Olympic gear on and is ready to see more of that gorgeous eye candy also known as Ryan Lochte! (find Olive and an Arrow on Twitter!)
- The Double Take Girls steers away from the urge to match her top to her skirt and pairs it with a neutral summer staple for a fresher look! So cute! (find The Double Take Girl on Twitter!)
- Lipstick & Lollies is a pattern-mixing pro and, this time, goes for two black and white prints - the most fun way to wear neutrals!
- Lilies, Lattes & Lace mixes up the typical corporate suit by adding color and shorts! A must for the warm weather and totally office chic! (find Lilies, Lattes & Lace on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation is sporting a sailboat printed skirt in one of her favorite hues! Seriously cute! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Rachel's Look Book proves that neon is still going strong with her fun necklace! Paired with a little animal print, it makes for such a fun look! (find Rachel's Look Book on Twitter!)
- Urban Frill is in blazer bliss with an oversized menswear jacket! The perfect way to dress up a pair of cutoffs! (find Urban Frill on Twitter!)
- Miss Top Ten Image will have you green with envy when you see her emerald pants! Pop over to check out what top she paired them with! (find Miss Top Ten Image on Twitter!)
- Here & Now is summer chic in floral and stripes! Her shorts are to die for - a must see! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Second Street East scored a vintage chair that she is upholstering! Head over to weigh in on the fabric choices! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style walks us through one of Fall's hottest trends - the camo jacket! Get ready for military chic! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
August 2, 2012
It is time for another giveaway!
Enter to win a $25 dollar gift card to buy something from Ruche-a vintage inspired boutique with a modern touch.
Here's how to enter:
1. Follow A Fashion Fixation on either Google Reader or Blog Lovin'
2.Leave me a comment with your first name and last initial along with your email address so I can contact you if you are the lucky winner
3. Extra entry if you follow me on Twitter @afashionfix
Giveaway ends on August 12th and winner will be announced on Monday, August 13th.
August 1, 2012
Yesterday it was a sailboat printed skirt and today it is a heart printed shirt, I am so glad the playful prints trend is still going strong.
Happy hump day!