I hit up Old Navy yesterday and stocked up on some goodies...here is what I bought!
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
This little crochet sweater is the perfect layering piece when it is not cold enough for a heavy sweater but not warm enough to just wear short sleeves.
It has come in handy to throw on over a dress or wear over a sleeveless top to make it work appropriate.
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
I love the hi-low dresses for exposing a little leg in the front and having full coverage in the back...it is sexy and feminine at the same time. See how I wore the dress for a night out on the town here.
Monday, February 25, 2013
I actually dreamed about this outfit (sad but true) and then tried it on and it worked. I had leopard print heels on but my husband informed me that polka dot tights with a striped dress and leopard heels was a bit much. I changed the shoes just because I felt paranoid after that comment but I secretly think it all worked.
Friday, February 22, 2013
- Laura Wears is rocking shades of yellow and blue for a super stylish work day! Pop over to check out her fabulous pants! (find Laura Wears on Twitter!)
- Seersucker + Saddles is using her go-to spring staple to dress down a pretty frock! Head over to find out what versatile piece every closet needs for the warming weather! (find Seersucker + Saddles on Twitter!)
- Undeniable Style mixes stripes and plaid for cozy, yet polished, look complete with tons of layering! So Cute!! (find Undeniable Style on Twitter!)
- Miss Top Ten Image elevates her look with one colorful accessory that pops off of her neutral outfit! It's all in the details! (find Miss Top Ten Image on Twitter!)
- My Thrifty Chic looks gorgeous in pink and red and does it for a steal! Her entire looks rings in under $40 - definitely a must see! (find My Thrifty Chic on Twitter!)
- The Second Best mixes camo and leather for a killer combination! Perfect for date night with a little edge! (find Second Best on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation trades in her little black dress for a little blue dress! An amazing change of scenery from a favorite closet staple! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Little Bit of Wo.We shows us seven ways to style a gorgeous sequin skirt! Everything from date night to errand running - tons of ideas here! (find Little Bit of Wo.We on Twitter!)
- Rose a la Mode is rocking denim on denim with a few extra layers to stay warm! Add in a great pair of boots and a beautiful bag and this is on cute look! (find Rose a la Mode on Twitter!)
- Pretty Preened is brighting up the winter mood in pretty shades of pink! The best part... this look is pocket-book friendly! (find Pretty Preened on Twitter!)
- A Fine Line rounds up her favorite coffee and tea accessories for all of you caffeine lovers! This one will definitely have you reaching for a mug! (find A Fine Line on Twitter!)
- It's a Darling Ensemble is doubling up on her favorite pattern - polka dots! Pop over to see how she pulls it off!
- Sweetie Pie Style goes for a classic look in denim and white and adds in a bit of fun with a hint of neon! Love this budget-friendly look - definitely one to recreate! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
- Second Street East is dreaming of spring and taking inspiration from a pretty pastel room! Pop over to check out the outfit and room looks that this living room inspired! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
The old opinion that glasses are only a necessity for people with vision problems has come and gone. Now more than ever we see celebs, fashionistas and other everyday people wearing glasses to upgrade and change their look from nerdy chic, vintage and sexy just by wearing different styles of frames.
I had the privilege of having LASIK in March of last year and no longer needed my prescription frames so when Firmoo offered to send me a pair of non prescription glasses to review I jumped at the chance. The first thing I loved when picking out frames was the Virtual Try-On System. They have different face shapes, hair color, age groups, etc. so you can find the one that most closely resembles you or even upload your own photo to aid in picking your perfect pair.
Firmoo also has a first pair free program for anyone that is interested in frames so go ahead and freshen up your own look!
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Polka dots and denim...what a great and easy combination.
Click here to enter the Sephora gift card giveaway...only a couple days left!
Click here to enter the Sephora gift card giveaway...only a couple days left!
Monday, February 18, 2013
Little blue dress for an engagement party over the weekend.
Piperlime dress (click here to purchase on SALE), Nine West heels, Wendy Mink earrings
Friday, February 15, 2013
- Laura Wears effortlessly mixes masculine and feminine along with a pop of spring color! So cute! (find Laura Wears on Twitter!)
- Good Life breaks down a spring trend that is reverting back to a classic color combo! Pop over to check out this must-have and see her top picks! (find Good Life on Twitter!)
- Seersucker + Saddles shows us her best casual valentine's day look and boy is it good! A must see if you are still planning your V-day date - or any date for that matter! (find Seersucker + Saddles on Twitter!)
- Undeniable Style is rocking head to toe denim and pulls it off seamlessly! Head over to take a few hints on how to pull this look off yourself! (find Undeniable Style on Twitter!)
- One Hundred Inspirations goes royal with a versatile Kate Middleton bump look that is sure to please! The best news? The entire look is under $90!!
- Miss Top Ten Image shows us how to stay chic even in the cold and rain and it's all about layering! Fur vest, anyone? (find Miss Top Ten on Twitter!)
- My Thrifty Chic rounds up her all of her favorite sunnies for under $25! With spring on the way, now is the time to stock up! (find My Thrifty Chic on Twitter!)
- The Second Best is trying out Target's latest spring collaboration with Prabal Gurung! Pop over to see how she is making her pretty frock work for winter, too! (find Second Best on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation takes it back to the basics with simple pieces that look amazing paired together! Love this look! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Little Bit of Wo.We recreates a look from Pinterest that involves a fabulous chevron skirt - it is a serious stunner! (find Little Bit of Wo.We on Twitter!)
- Rose a la Mode keeps it simple in plaid and black - a great way to incorporate winter patterns into warmer temps! (find Rose a la Mode on Twitter!)
- Pretty Preened restyles her gorgeous reception dress (complete with feathers!) and makes it work for a special V-day bruch! Such a good idea! (find Pretty Preened on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style gives us tons of tips on how to wear the color of the year! From what colors to pair it with to how to try it without commitment, it's all here! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
- Second Street East has recreated a neutral bedroom with tons of personality into a room and outfit look! Lots of good buys here! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
Thursday, February 14, 2013
DNA Footwear sent me the best Valentine's Day gift I could have ever asked for....a pair of Hunter boots! I have been wanting a pair for so, so long and may never take them off again.
I really love this unique style called the Regent Carlyle Hunter boot, it is a refreshing change from the traditional Hunter wellington boots you see all the time and I have always been a fan of the equestrian shape.
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
This outfit feels very "springy" to me even though I am technically wearing a (thin) sweater. It might be the colors I am wearing or the fact that I am bare legged but whatever the reason...I like it!
Forever 21 heels, Loft chambray shirt, Tory Burch cross body bag, gifted earrings, Sosie.com sweater, Lulu's skirt (shop similar here)
Monday, February 11, 2013
Little black dress, ankle boots, leopard, simple hoop earrings
Sometimes wearing all basics isn't a bad thing.
Nine West booties, Old Navy dress and vest, The Limited scarf
Friday, February 8, 2013
- Laura Wears is playing with winter patterns and serving up a little plaid on plaid! Such a lovely menswear inspired look with all of the right feminine touches! (find Laurea Wears on Twitter!)
- Good Life brightens up a winter day with her new go-to colorful neutral that works in every season! Pop over to see how this classic color is the perfect backdrop for any look! (find Good Life on Twitter!)
- Seersucker + Saddles looks so chic in tennies and jewels for a cold, snowy day! A must see for styling those running shoes!(find Seersucker + Saddles on Twitter!)
- Undeniable Style is bringing the 90s back with a little grunge but of course glams it up with a little leather! This is the ultimate in causal chic! (find Undeniable Style on Twitter!)
- One Hundred Inspirations recreates a simple and classic Reese Witherspoon look for under $110! Head over to check out where the pieces are from!
- Miss Top Ten is making some BIG changes in her life and saying stylish through them all of course! You must see her fabulous blue accessories! So cute! (find Miss Top Ten on Twitter!)
- My Thrifty Chic is channeling Princess Kate and put on her most ladylike frock that is perfect for tea with the Queen... or a day in the park! The best part? She rented the dress!! (find My Thrifty Chic on Twitter!)
- The Second Best is keeping it simple and letting her (amazing!) accessory take the spotlight! Pop over to check out her cute and colorful bauble! (find Second Best on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation lets it flow in one of the season's hottest trends! Paired with jeans and flats, this look is comfortable and cute! Love! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Little Bit of Wo.We shows us three ways to wear a two-toned blazer - work, date night and weekend! Pop over to pick out your favorite look and grab a few tips! (find Little Bit of Wo.We on Twitter!)
- Rose a la Mode is out to dinner with the family in an outfit that the girls AND guys approve of! That's a win-win if you ask me! (find Rose a la Mode on Twitter!)
- Pretty Preened tried out a new mix of patterns and knocked it out of the park! Plaid and leopard must be a match made in heaven! (find Pretty Preened on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style rounds up 7 sweet treats to add a quick and easy spring fix to your wardrobe! The best news? They are all under $25!! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
- Second Street East is taking a cue from the warming weather and recreating a room and outfit with bright blues and pinks! Tons of great finds! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Black and white with pops of color thanks to my hot pink sweater and yellow pumps.
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
I have worn this teal sweater many times but this is the first time it has made the blog. I love the slouncy high-low shape and the sideways pocket and mostly throw it on over a pair of jeans but today I decided to dress it up a bit.