Pages

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday-Reader Connectedness

December 10, 2010

This weeks questions come from Linda of The Auspicious Life.....thanks Linda for the great topic!!

1. How important do you think reader connectedness is to the success of your blog?

I think reader connectedness is the most important part of anyone's blog! For me personally, being able to afford and purchase clothing I see on other blogs is very important. I have actually stopped following bloggers that only wear Prada clothes, Louboutin shoes, etc. because at the time those places to shop are unrealistic to my budget. I am a very visual person and love to get inspiration from others so if I pull a picture up of a jacket I just HAVE to have...it's nice to know I would be able to afford it.

I also try to put reasonable priced clothing up on A Fashion Fixation when I am writing about my outfit posts and add in details about my personal life. I always like when bloggers open up and let readers into their "real life" and I try and do that in return.

2. What do you do to draw readers in and create that writer-reader bond?

I try and talk about topics that most people would be able to relate to like work drama, significant others and of course shopping!

3. What is one way you could improve this connection?

I think I could be more efficient in connecting to readers by commenting more on other people's blogs and just telling people how much I appreciate them reading on a daily basis.

4. Is there a blogger you think does a great job creating that writer-reader bond? Why?

I think Sydney of The Daybook does a fabulous job of drawing people in to her blog. She just comes across super sweet and wears affordable fashions and is very "girl next door"!!!

5. What do you do to cultivate new readers? How do you get them to your site in the first place?

I constantly comment on other people's blogs and leave my blog link in the comments so if they want to check out my blog, they can. Twitter, Google Reader and Blog Lovin' have also been really helpful in getting readers and I also put outfit posts with my blog link on places like Flickr and Weardrobe. Hosting giveaways are always a hit in attracting new people to my site...everyone likes free stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I think connecting and interacting with your readers and fellow bloggers is extremely important in maintaining a great readership. I know a few bloggers who never ever comment back to their readers - and I'm sorry, but I have a slight problem with that. Sure anyone can throw up some posts and let the comments roll in. But I think the best part of blogging is the interaction and if someone is going to take the time to read your writing, then the least I know I can do is acknowledge that. Am I rambling? Hope not! You have the right idea =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...