Pages

FBFF and Outfit of the Day...

January 14, 2011

Happy Friday folks!!!! It's that time again for Fashion Beauty Friend Friday brought to us by the talented Katy of ModlyChic....if you are interested in signing up to be a part of FBFF she is the gal to talk to!


1. How do you determine what you will wear that day?

I already know what I will be wearing most of the time so I just pull it off the hanger and go.

2. Do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month, weekend?

I normally try on clothes and plan outfits the day before and hang up all the pieces I want to wear for the next day. However, this week I planned out my entire week's worth of outfits on Sunday and it has made a world of difference. When I don't plan my outfits I always end up grabbing the same, boring pieces in my wardrobe and I don't feel nearly as put together.

3. Do you have any specific ways of tracking outfits and items already worn so you don't repeat?

Since I take daily outfit photos I can always go back in my files and see how I paired a certain dress or top and then turn around and find new ways to remix it. I also use my Stylit, a daily fashion planner, and write down all my outfit pairings.

4. How do you discover new combinations of items in your closet?

A lot of my clothing combinations just come from trial and error. If I decide I would like to wear my rose colored pants...I just try on different tops until I find something that works. I also get tons of inspiration from magazine ads and other bloggers.

5. To streamline the process for 2011 what is one new thing you can do to cut down your dressing time?

I am going to try and stick to weekly planning every Sunday. This week I have loved getting up and not having to worry about trying to find something to wear in a rush.





Charlotte Russe shirt (click here to purchase)

Ann Taylor Loft necklace

WHBM pants (click here to purchase)

Nine West heels purchased at Marti & Liz

Tory Burch tote bag purchased off of eBay

15 comments:

  1. Is that the Jaden tote? I've been thinking about that style. Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweets...love the striped top and red accents...you really look pretty:)
    Sunday planning sounds awesome..let me know if it works:)

    Stop by and say Hello♥
    Enter my Lulus Giftcard Giveaway♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually try to pick out my outfit the night before so I am not rushing around in the morning. Love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I weekly plan! I am impressed. Perhaps I should give all these ideas a try in the weeks ahead, maybe I am missing something in all the planning. - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the TB tote! That pop of red against the striped shirt is one of my favorite looks =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pops of red in your outfit! the TB bag is amazing as are your little red shoes. definitely one of my fave outfits from you so far!

    cute and little

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true. if you want to wear a particular item, it just a matter of finding the right match.
    And wait just a minute. You planned your whole week? AH-mazing!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the striped top, your look is very nautical!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute work look. I love your looks because you dress mostly business casual like I do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my loveeee that TB bag!!
    And I almost bought that top last night at Charlotte Russe.. too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore the bold stripes with the red pops of loveliness!!!! You look amazing in this.

    Thank you so much for linking up with Jewelscapes Bejeweled WEdnesdays.
    jewelscapes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great outfit! In love with that cute top!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...