Pages

Reading for...fun?

September 21, 2010

I love to read and do it often. My favorite present from my parents so far has been my Amazon Kindle in which I use (almost) every day. There is something so calming about reading and I love getting lost in a character's life when I find a great story that captures my attention.

With that being said I thought I would start a recommended reading section in the blog in case anyone is ever looking for great books to read! I will post two recommended books a month for anyone that is interested and the first book is written by a true Southern gem named Celia Rivenbark! The book I just finished reading is called, "You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In The Morning" and the entire book is hilarious!! You cannot get tired of this book because it is a collection of essays so every chapter is about something equally funny. Here are some of the topics she covers:


  • Why Miss North Carolina is too nice to hate

  • Sex every night for a year? How do you wrap that?

  • Airlines serving up one hot mess

  • Action figure Jesus

  • How Gwyneth Paltrow wants to improve your pathetic life






4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you liked our gift. I knew you would like it when I saw it advertised on the Today show. You were one of the first ones to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE to read!! All kinds really it just depends on my mood. I find that I read more in the winter months when its not as nice outside. I love to curl up with a good book and hot tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I can't stand Gwyneth Paltrow... if this book makes fun of her & her GOOP ridiculousness, I will definitely have to purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love books! I'm currently reading like 8 different ones (and yes, I will finish them all).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...