Pages

Gestational Diabetes FAIL

August 25, 2015

DSCN5021

I received the call from my doctor's office late yesterday afternoon that I failed my gestational diabetes screening test.

  Um, WHAT? Excuse me?! Come again???

I thought it might happen because I have a family history of diabetes but I have been working out and eating semi healthy throughout this entire thing. Apparently none of that matters...skinny and fat woman both get gestational diabetes, it doesn't discriminate. So my next test-a two hour test- is now scheduled for next Friday at 9am (sigh). This test requires fasting, no food after midnight and only water in the morning, and then I drink a even bigger, sugary drink and have my blood tested every hour for two hours.

This is just a bump in the road and I'll do anything for these babies. 

  DSCN5019 DSCN5020 DSCN5014 DSCN5022
Old Navy midi skirt (click here for similar ONLY $10), Target t-shirt (click here to purchase), Old Navy vest (click here to purchase), Tory Burch flip flops (click here to purchase), Swell Caroline monogram necklace (click here to purchase), Flower Lip Suede Velvet Lip Chubby Floral Coral lipstick (click here to purchase)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...