Ann Taylor Loft sweater (click here to purchase), The Limited infinity scarf, Target tights, Kohl's skirt, Ellen Tracy pumps purchased at TJ Maxx
January 31, 2012
January 30, 2012
Old Navy jeggings (click here to purchase), Bradolino boots from Endless.com, Top oldie but a goodie, I 'Heart' Ronson cardigan from JC Penny
January 27, 2012
1. With Fashion Week just around the corner, we are all beginning to focus on the upcoming trends for fall. But what about the trends hitting stores now? What are you coveting?
So far this year I have been coveting polka dots, floral patterns and bright, electric colors.
2. How do you incorporate new trends into your wardrobe?
I never jump head first into a new trend...I start small. When trying out electric color I may buy a purse or shoes first and then start adding supercharged pink or lime green into my clothes.
3. What trend are you seeing and not loving?
I am not loving the high/low hem trends on skirts and dresses. It looks great on some people but it is just not for me.
4. Do you feel the pressure to constantly update your closet with the latest trends?
I always want to add one or two trendy items into my wardrobe, not by pressure but by choice. I like to feel (somewhat) fashionable and keeping up with the current trends and incorporating them into my closet helps me do that.
5. Where do you find inspiration that takes the trend and makes it accessible to you and your personal taste?
I am finding more and more fashion inspiration on Pinterest (follow me here), and of course other bloggers.
Happy Friday ladies!
Enjoy these great links this weekend...
- suze wears clothes brings us words of inspiration each and every Sunday. I love this week's installment, especially this colorful quote on joy! (find suze wears clothes on twitter!)
- gs lillian found these adorable "spike" necklaces at Target... pop on by her blog to see what other fun pieces she found - including a few that are perfect for Valentine's Day! (find gs lillian on twitter!)
- my soul is the sky is back with another great hair tutorial - this one, the 'bohemian side braids' look great on her and have inspired me to try a similar style! (find my soul is the sky on twitter!)
- what the frock recreates an outfit featuring a neon skirt, a cozy sweater and an unusual hem-line. Sound like fun? It is! (find what the frock on twitter!)
- live a lot goes for the all black outfit. Do you ever fall back on this simple outfit formula? It happens to be one of my favorites! Check out her look!
- rachael really looks stunning in stripes and faux fur. Then she adds red wellies and a pearl necklace for the win! (find rachael really on twitter!)
- free to be stacia lee is hosting a giveaway for a gorgeous amethyst necklace. Stop by her blog to enter! (find free to be stacia lee on twitter!)
- here & now sports the perfect weekend outfit and looks fabulous doing it! Especially since she had just run a 5K that day! You go girl!
- fabulously average is rocking what she calls "the new neutrals" - and I couldn't agree with her more, they totally are! What are the "new neutrals"? You'll have to stop by her blog to find out! (find fabulously average on twitter!)
- behind the dressing room door has the perfect accessory for cold winter days - a bold and colorful scarf! See how she styled it! (find behind the dressing room door on twitter!)
- the capital barbie tracks down some absolute darling bowed-tops. I love how feminine and flirty these tops are! (find the capital barbie on twitter!)
- sweetie pie style takes this mint green maxi dress and styles it three ways that are perfect for late winter into spring! It's so versatile! (find sweetie pie style on twitter!)
- a fashion fixation introduces us to a new online shop called Vestique - have you heard of it? I love their bold and colorful selection, like this blazer! (find a fashion fixation on twitter!)
- the tiemann girls are showing off their gorgeous taupe finds from Target! Taupe never looked so good ladies! (find the tiemann girls on twitter!)
- stay in the lines makes homemade oreo cookies. I think I know how I'll be spending a cold, winter Saturday in my near future - baking and eating these! (find stay in the lines on twitter!)
the IT list is produced weekly by Jill of good life - for information on how you can be involved, click here!
January 26, 2012
Ann Taylor Loft cardigan (click here to purchase), The Limited tank top, Francesca's belt and skirt, Charlotte Russe tights, Naughty Monkey boots purchased at Piperlime.com
January 25, 2012
Piperlime.com turtleneck (click here to purchase ON SALE), Ann Taylor Loft skirt, Lulu's clutch, World Market necklace, Marti & Liz boots
January 24, 2012
From top to bottom:
January 23, 2012
January 20, 2012
1. The pair that caught my eye went immediately into my basket (love the chain detailing), a jade and bow pair followed and finally a bright chandelier turquoise. Bonus-everything is super affordable!
2. I finally found the perfect-for-me white blazer. The details are what did it for me, loving that asymmetrical hem.
3. These colder months would not be complete without an oversized pocket sweater to wrap myself up in. I have a feeling you will be seeing this on me all the time.
Take some time to warm up this weekend and check out these awesome links!
- gs lillian says "yes" to the sweater skirt. She seriously rocks this look and has me wanting a sweater skirt for myself! (find gs lillian on twitter!)
- rachael, really makes "four eyes" look impossibly chic. Go check out her new glasses and fabulous red shoes! (find rachael, really on twitter!)
- the tiemann girls are crushing on Essie's new spring nail colors! And because they are loving them so much they are giving some away! Check out their little giveaway.
- suze wears clothes is winter-chic, which is a common theme here today! I love her cozy winter look! (find suze wears clothes on twitter!)
- fabulously average is rocking one of my favorite dresses (which happens to be on super sale right now!) while in Florida. This look is gorgeous on her! (find fabulously average on twitter!)
- free to be stacia lee is keeping warm in bright pink! I love bold colors like this for winter, it makes the grey days bearable!
- my soul is the sky found the perfect red lipstick! Find out where she bought it and see how it looks on her (hint: very pretty!). (find my soul is the sky on twitter!)
- the capital barbie is crushing on grape-hues. And how fabulous is this handbag in purple? You will love the price too! (find the capital barbie on twitter!)
- what the frock has a fun celebrity copycat look featuring Kristen Bell. I love this outfit for Valentines or a fun date night! (find what the frock on twitter!)
- live a lot has another fun winter look - she went without tights, but if it's cooler where you are, just add tights! Check out her look.
- here and now is sporting winter white! I absolutely love this look if you have the guts to pull it off - I'm glad here and now reminded me how fun this is! (find here and now on twitter!)
- behind the dressing room door takes us into the dressing room again for another fun "try on" session. I am loving this unique top that is long in the back and short in the front! Cute! (find behind the dressing room door on twitter!)
- sweetie pie style found these super fun crocheted flats from The Sak that are so bright and fun for spring! Check out more styles on her blog as well. (find sweetie pie style on twitter!)
- a fashion fixation is rocking one of my favorite trends that was here and then gone and is now back! Boyfriend jeans. Check out how she styles them! (find a fashion fixation on twitter!)
the IT list is produced weekly by jill of good life, for information on how you can be involved - click here!
January 19, 2012
Ann Taylor Loft dress and sweater, Forever 21 tights, Rachel Zoe scarf, Bradolino boots purchased at Endless.com, Kendra Scott earrings (click here to purchase)
January 18, 2012
Ann Taylor Loft jeans, Francesca's top, World Market necklace, Coconuts brand wedges purchased at Piperlime.com
January 17, 2012
Urban Outfitters heels, Target tights, Kohls skirt, Lulu's top and purse, Necklace gifted from my mom
January 16, 2012
Soooo, what do you think? I feel very exposed for some reason...share your comments below!